Sharp Clinical UK are delighted to have completed the installation of a 250kWp roof-mounted solar panel project at its Clinical Services Centre of Excellence in Rhymney, UK.
The solar panel system will generate approximately 20% of the sites total annual electricity requirements, further reducing the company’s carbon footprint and increasing environmental performance. Using the latest solar edge technology, the system is expected to make nearly 2m kg’s of carbon savings over its 25-year lifespan, saving the company over £1 million.
With the support of our parent company UDG Healthcare plc, Sharp has invested in several environmental initiatives over the last 18 months:
- Purchasing energy efficient plant and equipment from the government’s energy technology list
- Installing PIR (motion sensor) controlled lighting throughout the site
- Reducing water volume systems
- Incorporating heat recovery and heat exchange into the air handling and compressor systems
- A building management system that controls all aspects of the day to day site performance, which supports a regular review of energy used