Energy company Taipower has chosen NIRAS and Sinotech as client advisors for a new wind farm of about 100 MW.
The project is NIRAS’ seventh in Taiwan once again, it will be the Danish offshore wind experts from NIRAS, who are of vital importance to the development of an offshore wind farm in the Taiwan Strait.
State energy company Taipower has signed a contract with NIRAS and local advisor Sinotech. They will in a joint venture provide client advice to Changhua Offshore Wind Farm, where construction is due to begin in 2018. The wind farm will have a capacity of about 100 MW.
Seventh project in Taiwan
“NIRAS has a strong name in offshore wind, and this is our seventh offshore wind project in Taiwan. This makes us happy, and we are proud,” says Business Unit Director Christian Paulsen, NIRAS.NIRAS has over the past 25 years been involved in offshore wind projects with a total capacity of 22 GW.
GROWTH IN NIRAS’ PROJECTS IN TAIWAN
NIRAS hawe been present in Taiwan since 2012. Thanks to project manager Claus Gormsen’s tireless work, NIRAS are now a leading offshore adviser in the region. NIRAS’ customer base consists of four costumers.
- Taiwan Generation Corp., Fuhai offshore wind farm: Client Advisor and design of wind turbine foundations and layout of phase 2 of the project.
- Bureau of Energy: Prefeasibility study of Taichung port as possible hub harbor for offshore wind turbines.
- SOIC (Ship and Ocean Industries R & D Center): Review of selected work.
- Taipower: Client advisor for Changhua Offshore Windfarm (joint venture with Sinotech).
- ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute): Transfer of know-how from UK regulatory practice (The UK approach).