Saudi Arabia issuing request for proposals (RFPs) for the Fadhili independent power project (IPP) is the latest sign that the kingdom’s power market is set to offer a much more lucrative year than 2014 – Read the full article here
With all these developments taking place in the power sector in the Middle East, we are pleased to announce the most recent speakers to confirm their participation at MEED’s forthcoming MENA Power Conference, which will take place at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche on the 8th & 9th of June 2015.
Don’t miss out on registering for the region’s foremost event dealing with strategy, innovation & expansion within the MENA power sector. Register today!
Recently confirmed speakers:
1. Eng. Wijdan El Rabadi – Commissioner, Energy & Minerals Regulatory Commission (Jordan)
2. Mr. Nayef Al Haddad – Engineering Specialist,> Partnerships Technical Bureau (Kuwait)
3. Mr. Graeme Lindsay Sims – Executive Director,> Regulation & Supervision Bureau, Dubai (UAE)
4. Dr. Nessreen Rady – Director, New & Renewable Energy Department,> Egyptian Electricity Holding Company (Egypt)
5. Dr. Fareed M. Al Yagout – President, > National Power Company (Saudi Arabia)
2015 Programme Highlights include:
- An outlook into key Governmental regulations and amendments across the MENA power sector; particularly with regards to tariffs and subsidies.
- Ensuring smart investment and positive ROI in power generation, distribution and transmission projects.
- Practical diversification opportunities in Renewable and Alternative Energy Sources across MENA; ensuring one’s investments are cost-efficient, reliable and sustainable.
- Encouraging the exchange of best practices among MENA states and key world players.
- Dedicated Focus Day on emerging opportunities and projects in the North African Power Sector
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to hear directly from government clients & key private sector stakeholders on exciting project opportunities on offer across MENA’s ever developing & diversifying power sector.
I look forward to welcoming you on the 8th of June, in Abu Dhabi at MENA Power 2015.