Expansion of the Glen Dhu site is planned as the site has potential for additional generation capacity. Shear Wind’s intentions are to bid on an expected Request for Proposals for Renewable Energy in 2012 for a Phase II extension of this site.
- Land base: 6,000 acres East of New Glasgow, N.S. Average elevation is 250m.
- Potential Wind Farm Size: A total of 230 MW
- Wind monitoring data indicates an above average wind resource. Wind Resource Assessment completed indicating excellent results for capacity, long term projections, and potential electricity generation.
- Three monitoring towers continue to collect wind data for future expansion.
- Transmission Lines transect the project area with confirmed availability for expansion.
- Potential Phase II and Phase III are in planning and development stages.